Hubballi – Dharwad is the major twin city of north Karnataka. These cities are perfect for the commercial center and also a business hub. Hubli is known for monuments and also famous for handloom and textile industry. Most of the people living here speak Kannada and Hindi.
There’s much more than this.
Hubballi got its name from the historic town “Raya Hubli and Elaya Puravada Halli”. Hubli is also famous among the people as “Gandu Mettida Nadu”.
In this article, we present to you 12 Sakkath & Interesting facts of Namma Hubballi – Dharwad.
1. The real meaning of Hubli alias Hubballi is “Flowering Creeper” in Kannada.
2. The 2nd largest city in Karnataka after Bengaluru and Mysore.
3. Education Hub of Karnataka.
Hubballi has got some prestigious educational institutions such as Karnataka Medical College(KMC), KLE Society, BVB College of Engineering and Technology,
University of Agricultural Sciences, Indian Institute Of Technology
4. Hubballi – Dharwad is land of Kannada Literature.
5. One and Only twin cities of Namma Karnataka is Hubballi – Dharwad.
6. People also call Hubballi “Chota Mumbai”.
It is the largest business hub of entire North Karnataka.
7. The Indian National Flag is manufactured at this place.
The Karnataka Khadi Gramodyoga Samyukta Sangha (KKGSS) in Bengeri village of Dharwad district is the only authorized place in the country to manufacture the National Flag.
8. Dharwad Peda from Thakur Singh Peda, Dharwad is world famous.
9. The Famous Personalities DA RA Bendre, Bhimsen Joshi and Gangubai Hangal are from Hubballi Dharwad.
10. The Food is Sakkath in Hubballi – Dharwad
Rotti, Chapati, Madki
11. Hubballi is famous for Hindustani Music.
12. Prominent Personality of IT industry, Co-Founder of INFOSYS Sudha Murty is from Dharwad.
Life here is peaceful and the cost of living is comparatively less. Apart from all these the Dialect and the slang used in Hubballi – Dharwad is Sakkath.
Finally to end this, here is popular poem of Da Ra Bendre sung by Raju Ananthaswamy.